Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Prospects in AS 400

Hi all,

I just started on AS 400, it's a finishing school program, a job oriented actually,
    I was already pretty much interested in server technologies, how they work , n all, so coz of my interest i landed here, on AS 400, but I still dont know about the job market, One of my professor advised me to learn more than one foreign languages , he preferred Japanese and French.

Please guide me how is the job market in near future for AS 400 and what should I do to get a Dream Job sort of thing.
    thanks

Re: Job Prospects in AS 400

I think that there are many RPG shops in your local area.
    I know that TATA/TCS actual has dozens of available jobs both there & here in US.
    http://www.tcs.com/

j
    amie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

@ jamief

actually it's not as good as it looks from there,
      TCS Hires in bulk, but they dont have actual work, and it is not necessary that you may get to work on the same plateform you desired,
      for example If i go to an Indian Company for a job and I tell them that I am this much good in linux, and that much good in AS 400 it is likely that I dont get hired at all, coz they dont need "supergeeks" or anygeeks , they need people who do what they are told to do,
      for 12 hrs a day and 6 days a week.
      my tragedy is that i dont have enough credits in my high school marksheet to even appear for the test of TCS, Infosys etc, so the option left is that I get trained on my expenses and then apply for concerned companies, but after starting on AS400, I am planning to get a list of companies which can employ me for what I am, not coz of my school credits,

Comment

Well you could still go for the interview and see what happens. Maybe they make exceptions XD (if you talk it out properly). And as far as my experience goes, they actually do appreciate "geeks" when said geeks' knowledge actually benefit them and their clients.

Comment

I happen to know that they are a great group of people.
          My interaction has been here in the states, but Im with vikramx give them a chance.

with your level of education you will have to work your way up..and if that means
          12 hours a day then so be it.....

jamie

www.code400.com

Comment

It's obvious that Jamie is a big fan of TaTa's
            Michael Catalani
            IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
            Acceptance Insurance Corporation
            www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
            www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

you know it!

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by BhargavSushant View Post
                for 12 hrs a day and 6 days a week.
                ...... really? are there peoples working like this? can't believe men...

Comment

@dhanu
                  I dont know, in my 6 years I would have probably worked extra hrs during times of large production issues and personal projects (since I lost track of time :P). But otherwise I leave after the stipulated time, sometimes even earlier.

Comment

Working...
                  X