File Drop Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Drop Site

I need to configure an IFS directory on which an outside entity can drop a file. Can you point me in the direction of someone who could give me some information on that? I thought that using HTTP might work, but have not been successful configuring it for that task.

Seems sftp would more for this kind of task, or FTP if you are not concerned with security.

Comment

This question is so broad, it is hard to give a specific answer...

You could certainly host something like this on HTTP, and depending on your requirements this could be a really good solution. But, it's not as simple as just turning on HTTP, you need software that runs on the HTTP server that handles this sort of thing. The HTTP server will handle the underlying network communications, but the software understands stuff like what a file is, where to put it, how to show the organized files to the user, how uploads work, etc.

FTP or SFTP (SSH) would be possible solutions, too. These are much more specialized protocols than HTTP, and really can only do file transfer. As a result, there's less in the way of installing/setting up software, but there's also less flexibility and user-friendliness. If you're happy with clients like WinSCP or FileZilla, then this would be an easy way to go.

Comment

Working...
      X