ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IWS (integrated web services) change methods and deploy services to another System I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWS (integrated web services) change methods and deploy services to another System I

Hi,

I just setup IWS (integrated web services) for REST, it is really cool and easy to setup, easy to use from RPG and seems fast.

But I have a few questions for the WEB interface:

1. Under ?Manage Deployed Services?, ?Methods? seems to be read only! So how to do I change the settings for my methods without having to create them from scratch?

2. How do I easily deploy my defined service(s) to another System I without having to create them from scratch?

Best regards
    Per Buus Sorensen

Re: IWS (integrated web services) change methods and deploy services to another Syst

As far as I know (maybe there's stuff I'm not aware of) to change an existing REST service, you have to delete and re-create it. Likewise, to deploy on another system, you have to create it on that system.

You can, of course, save/restore the RPG program (or whatever language) that you've deployed as a web service. but, the IWS configuration, I think, needs to be re-entered.

Comment

Re: IWS (integrated web services) change methods and deploy services to another Syst

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sure you would know, if it were possible.

I was so glad, when I realized this easy implementation of REST and RPG and couldn?t believe they (IBM) did not think that one might needed to change a service and that most people use different environment for developing, testing and production, so they should think about ?deployment?.

I will post a new question about if anyone is actually using IWS (on a larger scale) and how they manage deployment.

Per

Comment

Working...
      X