Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write out html line

I am using CGI.

I have a situation where user would like text in red under $ conditions.

I have not written much js other than pilfering.

I would think I need to put the conditional HTML into a variable. But then how do I execute the created variable?
    <script>
    var ac = /%availcr%/;
    if ac > 0 {
    <tr><td><strong>Available Credit:</strong> /%availcr%/ </td></tr>
    }
    else {
    <tr><td><font color="red"><strong>Available Credit:</strong> /%availcr%/ </td></tr>
    }
    </script>

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Write out html line

Been a while since I did any CGIDEV2 (and I miss it!)...

If I understand the requirement correctly my approach would be to define two sections in your HTML Template (with exactly the 2 different rows you have in your question)

It is your RPG that then decides which section to write out, and there is no need for javascript at all ?

Andrew

Comment

No need for JS try this in your template and let the program fill in the color variable:

Code:
      <tr><td style="color:/%availcrcolor%/"><strong>Available Credit:</strong> /%availcr%/ </td></tr>

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew K View Post
        Been a while since I did any CGIDEV2 (and I miss it!)...

If I understand the requirement correctly my approach would be to define two sections in your HTML Template (with exactly the 2 different rows you have in your question)

It is your RPG that then decides which section to write out, and there is no need for javascript at all ?

Andrew

I tried that and it threw off the page and I could not seem to figure out why.

I may go back to this option and work through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik Rutzou View Post
          No need for JS try this in your template and let the program fill in the color variable:

Code:
          <tr><td style="color:/%availcrcolor%/"><strong>Available Credit:</strong> /%availcr%/ </td></tr>
          Awesome. That worked. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X