ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AxisC failing for any request. Request failes with GSKit error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AxisC failing for any request. Request failes with GSKit error?

Hi,

I'm trying to test the axisC stuff to start doing REST API requests. So far it's working up until this lines in the log. I'm using beeceptor to do a very very basic back and forth. The command in the code is flush()

Code:
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:573   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Attempting to set keyring file using ''
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:573   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Enabled SSLV2
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:577   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Enabled SSLV3
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:577   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Enabled TLSV1
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:589   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Enabled TLSV11
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:590   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Enabled TLSV12
    19/04/2020 02:18:14:590   00000052  transport  D TCPChannel::createGSKitEnvironment(): Failed to initialize the SSL environment: GSKit Error is 202 - Key database file was not found.
    If axisC is not best practice for rest api calls, what is?

Thank you
    Attached Files

See my other answer. As a starting point this is pretty deep in the reeds!

Comment

• Luigi Brito
      Luigi Brito commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm having trouble viewing all your activities atm. Which one?

So far I've looked into the DCM and *SERVER certificates or something. I found on other mentions of GSkit here. I'm able to do rest api calls but with HTTP only using PUB400, not sure if I'm the only one having this problem on pub400

I replied to your other question on REST services. https://code400.com/forum/forum/iser...apis-via-rpgle

Comment

The error message says that the key database was not found. Earlier in the log, it says you set the filename to ''

Surely its not hard to see why this is failing?

Can I ask why you are using the AxisC API? It is very low-level, barely doing more for you than writing your own from the ground-up. Can you explain why you're using them rather than one of the other alternatives? I would only recommend this for people good at systems-level programming who aren't willing to install any other software aside from that provided by IBM, and who need better performance than the alternatives that IBM provides.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
        The error message says that the key database was not found. Earlier in the log, it says you set the filename to ''

Surely its not hard to see why this is failing?

Can I ask why you are using the AxisC API? It is very low-level, barely doing more for you than writing your own from the ground-up. Can you explain why you're using them rather than one of the other alternatives? I would only recommend this for people good at systems-level programming who aren't willing to install any other software aside from that provided by IBM, and who need better performance than the alternatives that IBM provides.
        The only reason I'm leaning towards axisc is due to me reading the very first production program on rest APIs using it written by Jim Buck. I've spent my five years on ibm i on batch programs and such, first time on IWS and open source and rest APIs. I have no idea about all the other things available for such things yet. I'm going to try the HTTPAPI later today

Comment

Working...
        X