Capture Request/Response JSON Using IWS Server and Deployed Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture Request/Response JSON Using IWS Server and Deployed Services

We have recently become a "provider" of data via web services for the first time. We created an IWS server on the Power 9 system with no issue. I created the service programs and deployed services for all the web services (thanks Scott Klement for the tutorial). All is working great.

I would like to capture the request and response JSON strings for historical purposes and store in the IFS. I'm not sure how to do that. Attached are a couple of screen shots of my deployed service for our basic customer inquiry web service.

I would like to capture the "customerReq" and "customerInfo" data into an IFS folder so we have a history of what is requested and the responses for those requests. I will have a purge process to clean them up periodically.

I'm not sure what I'm missing....

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I have never tried to do that...

That said, there was a new feature added via PTF to create logs of the HTTP transactions. I saw it on the following site:

If you click on "HTTP message logging" it'll take you to this site:
    HTTP message logging logs the messages that are being exchanged between web service clients and the web services server.

Again, I haven't tried it -- but it seems to say that if you enable this feature it'll create a log of everything it sends/receives. You could potentially write a program to process that log and extract the payloads as needed.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I'll take a look.

Comment

That will work! When enabled it will write to a message log text file "messages.log" here in the IFS:

\www\<rest server name>\wlp\usr\servers\<rest server name>\logs

It will have the request body and the response body included. There are a bunch of other data included in the log file (dates, times, host names, etc.) but this will work as I really needed something that I could look at if there were questions from the user about what is exactly being received and the response from the IBMi side.

Thanks again!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X