Apache + accessing other server(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache + accessing other server(s)

Excuse my ignorance in all this new-fanged technology!

If we have pages being served from Apache on our 400, is there any way to incorporate files from other PC servers in our network?

For example we have an "product info" page that takes data from DB2 and displays it: if we have photos on a PC server, is there a way to incorporate these photos in the page?

I imagine that there are Apache directives required and that the PC server would require a webserver too?

Thanks for any info.

Re: Apache + accessing other server(s)

The server would require that IIS (if microsoft) be running.
    then its just a simple URL thing.

you can also shorten this up using DNS and creating forward lookup zones.

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Like Jamie said it more of a URL thing if the servers are on the same internal network. You could always reformat the windows machine to a LAMP server and make things a bit easier
      Your future President
      Bryce

---------------------------------------------
      http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

You should also be able to reference the image through QNTC if you define the directory in the Apache config. This is probably not the great solution from a performance standpoint, but you wouldn't need to setup and maintain another web server on another box and all the domain names (server names) would be the same on the page. This gets really ugly if you server a page with HTTPS and the image is on a server running only HTTP. You get that silly "some content not secure..." message.

Comment

Working...
        X