Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** FTP - download as soon as a file is dropped in nework location

Experts,

I wrote a CLP program to do the following things.
    1. Download files from network location to IFS Directory.
    2. process it
    3. Delete the files in IFS Directory
    4. Delete the downloaded files in Network Location ( reading LSOUTPUT, and delete one at a time ).

This is an on going every 5 minutes process.

So, I created an Auto start job delaying 5 min, and put that it into QBATCH.

Is that possible to trigger this process ( instead of never ending job looking for every 5 min) when ever a file is downloaded in the network location.

Thanks
    Stillin400

Re: *** FTP - download as soon as a file is dropped in nework location

Create a self-loading job in the job scheduler. Basically runs and before it finishes it loads a new job to the job scheduler with a time of 5 minutes later.

Chris...

Comment

Re: *** FTP - download as soon as a file is dropped in nework location

There's no way for the IBM i to magically know when a file appears in a "network location" in the general sense. If that location is on the IBM i itself, of course, you can check for something appeariing there and fire off a job to process it... but if the files are on a separate server, how could it possibly know when something is added?

That other server (the "network location" you refer to) could potentially see the files when they arrive and send some sort of a notification to your IBM i to tell it to kick off the FTP script. (But if it's going to do that, why not just have it send the files to begin with instead of kicking off your script?)

Comment

Working...
      X