EML to PDF Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EML to PDF Conversion

Anyone have a solution for converting .eml files to .pdf format in a batch environment?

Re: EML to PDF Conversion

is the .eml a text file or a binary file?
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Sorry, I must have missed the reply notification on this.

I don't know, I am assuming it would be considered PC text because these are getting exported from the Notes client to an IFS folder.

Comment

.EML is typically an e-mail message, formatted according to MIME.

I have no clue what "PC text" is. I can only assume you mean "plain text". I doubt that you want something designed for plain text to print an .EML file, even though it technically is a text file (because that's what e-mail requires under the covers) anything like attachments, html, mail headers, etc will be unformatted and hard for a human being to read.

Comment

I was trying to figure out what the previous poster was getting at...it was a poor wording choice.

These are .eml files that users are exporting to an IFS share. We want them converted to .pdf ideally. It's really pretty straight-forward. I know there are client solutions that can accomplish this, but would prefer a batch process convert them, if there is a product available.

Comment

if you know vba then you could write a little piece using excel to open the files in the dir , print to pdf then delete the source file. easy enough. Google for solutions.
            Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by egami View Post
              These are .eml files that users are exporting to an IFS share. We want them converted to .pdf ideally. It's really pretty straight-forward. I know there are client solutions that can accomplish this, but would prefer a batch process convert them, if there is a product available.
              I don't see this as straightforward at all. An e-mail message can contain ANYTHING, including whole other documents as attachments. At a minimum, an e-mail renderer has to have a complete text and HTML rendering library in it. It could also contain all sorts of other things including Zip, Word, Excel, PDF documents, for starters. Rendering all possible documents in an e-mail is not practical even for the huge e-mail clients like Outlook, instead they rely on 3rd party external components for most things outside of html.

Since IBM i is primarily a server where user interface code is not commonplace, I think it'll be difficult to find something that does this on IBM i.

Of course, if you're willing to limit yourself in what parts of e-mail have to be rendered (limit to just text and html would help. limit to only text would help a lot) that would improve your chances.

Personally, I think you should take a step back and figure out why these documents have to be provided in .EML format in the first place. I think you're creating a mess for yourself purely because of the requirement that the input be provided in this "format" (if you can even call it a format -- it's more like a container for other formats.)

Comment

In the digital era, email has become an integral part of our personal and professional lives. We exchange important information, documents, and files through emails on a daily basis. Sometimes, we come across situations where we need to convert these emails (specifically in EML format) into PDF files. Whether it's for archiving purposes, easy sharing, or printing, convert EML to PDF can be a challenging task without the right tools. This is where Ignissta EML to PDF Converter comes to the rescue.

Comment

Working...
                X