ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ho to run two instances of WebSphere at this same time on this same LPAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho to run two instances of WebSphere at this same time on this same LPAR?

Hi there
    I'm new to WebSphere application server.
    I would like to run 2 instances of WAS (WAS61 & WAS7) on this same server with i5OS V6R1.
    I installed WAS 6.1 some time ago & vendor installed application which is working fine (everything is on test LPAR).
    I tried to install WAS7 and I have some difficulties.
    WAS7 installed successfully but I can't run both instances at this same time.
    I can run WAS61 which is working fine or WAS7 not both at this same time.
    I find out that I should reconfigure ports for one of the WAS versions to make them run simultaneously.
    I'm not certain what else have to be reconfigured?
    Does anybody know how to configure both instances, how to configure WAS ports & what else and how to configure to make it work.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Ho to run two instances of WebSphere at this same time on this same LPAR?

Originally posted by fraydey
    Hi there

I would like to run 2 instances of WAS (WAS61 & WAS7) on this same server with i5OS V6R1.
    Why do you go to this option? Other than having two profiles in one instance with different ports.
    Never installed two version of WAS in single box. I guess you try to start 'default' profiles in both instance.
    If your problem is conflicting ports, do not start 'default' profile in one instances (say WAS7).
    Instead of that, create a customized profile with different port number & try to start it.
    Last edited by dhanuxp; July 23, 2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

As I mentioned in my first post I'm new to WebSphere and I know only basics.
      I need to run 2 instances because I will migrate data & application from WAS61 to WAS7.
      New application doesn't work with WAS61
      In this case I need two instances (WAS61 & WAS7) up & running.
      Unfortunately, those are test applications I've no IBM support for them.
      I appreciate any help.

Comment

In case why don’t you upgrade your WAS6.1 to 7? Of cause you have to check all your running applications. Let it be, have you tried to create a new profile with different port numbers in WAS7 & start it? What are the Systemout/SystemError log files shows?

Comment

I tried to upgrade WAS6.1 to WAS7 but I couldn't change any library, folder or field for installation.
          The only option i had was to install separate instance, what I did.
          Now. I have somehow, migrate aplication from WAS61 to WAS7 or try to override "replace" WAS61 by WAS7.
          Eventually run both instances symultaneously and migrate my application piece by piece.

Comment

Working...
          X