Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced job scheduler

I've got two questions about the Advanced Job Scheduler:
    1. I have a scheduled job that contains two commands (two calls). I want to comment out one of the calls without removing it altogether. Normally we would just comment it like a CL comment /* xxxx */. This particular command string is too long to display the entire string so it is not input capable and I must prompt it with F4 to make any changes. Once I prompt it I can't comment it out though. Is there another way to comment out this call so I don't lose it altogether?

2. How do I tell what version of the Advanced Job Scheduler is installed?

Been awhile since i have used it so I do not know #1, but #2 is whatever level your os is at. for #1 i might copy the one, disable it and then remove the call altogether from the original one, that way you still have what the original looked like but its disabled.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

I kind of like the idea of copying the existing entry and creating a group job composed of two scheduler entries, then putting the second one on hold. That way I can easily maintain that there is a relationship between the two and can easily re-enable the one.

Another option would be to paste the call as a comment (option 14). Less flexible but easier.

Comment

Working...
      X