QZRCSRVS job cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QZRCSRVS job cleanup

We have a plethora of QZRCSRVS jobs on our system and I am sure that most of them are not currently, or recently, being utilized. Anyone have experience with cleaning these up? We rarely IPL.

QZRCSRVS cleanup

A cleanup thread runs once an hour to determine whether a QZRCSRVS job is still being used by a Job Monitor. It determines if the job was used at least twice within the maximum job monitor interval length. If the job is not used during the previous two hours, it is ended. Java time stamps are used for this comparison, so it is imperative that the time zone value used by Java is correct (system value QTIMZON).
    QZRCSRVS jobs are automatically removed two hours after the job it supports ends. Likewise QZRCSRVS jobs will end if the Job Monitor that created them stops, or if Management Central ends. Note: Since the Management Central Job Monitor monitors active jobs, you might see messages like "Internal job identifier no longer valid" in the QZRCSRVS job. This normally happens when a monitored job with Job Log Messages or the Job Status metric ends while the monitor is running.
    I can't see where this cleanup process is running or running correctly. I am not familiar with the Management Central aspect of this quoted segment in relation to these jobs. If anyone can elaborate a but that would help.

Since these are related to Magangement Central, you could try ENDTCPSVR *MGTC followed by STRTCPSVR *MGTC

Some more info at this post - maybe it will help:

Comment

They're only related to MgtCntrl when MgtCntrl is what's using them. These are host server Remote Command jobs, and they might be caused to start by or be associated with numerous processes, most particularly PCs with System i Access and iNavigator. A review of joblogs of a few of the ones that have earliest start dates/times should reveal if cleanup tasks ever show up in them.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Why do you want to clean them up? They're prestart jobs, so the subsystem will start additional jobs if more are required and end them when no longer used and there are more than the maximum set.

Comment

Working...
        X