Create Remote Outq Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Remote Outq Help

We have two IBM power 720 machines. Call them Development and Production.

We want to generate spool files on Development and direct them to an outq on the Production box
    through the use of a remote outq.

I created the devd using this command on the development box.
    CRTDEVPRT DEVD(remoteprt) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO) FONT(011)

The outq with the same name was also created from the command above.

I changed the outq parameters so that the IP address was added for the PRODUCTION system and
    the correct (QGPL/PROPCARDS) was used referencing the outq on the PRODUCTION box.

Now when I generate spool files on Development in remoteprt outq, the spool files "hang" in SND status
    and never make it over to the Production box.

Can someone assist please ?

Thanks
    Tom

Re: Create Remote Outq Help

On the development box - RMTSYS needs to either be the host name of the production box OR *INTNETADR. RMTPRTQ is the outq to use on the production box, CNNTYPE should be *IP, DESTTYPE should be *OS400, TRANSFORM is *NO. IF you specified *INTNETADR for RMTSYS the INTNETADR needs to have the IP address of your production machine.

On the development box you use STRRMTWTR to start the remote writer.

Comment

When I've created remote outqs, I've never created a DEVD for it. I've simply issued the CRTOUTQ command with the parms as advised by Rocky though I also add the AUTOSTRWTR(1) so it automatically starts with the spool subsystem. The OS simply uses a SNDTCPSPLF to send the files to the remote system.

Comment

Update: Retraced my previous work following the steps you folks noted earlier and all is fine.

Works like a champ !!!

Thank you !! You guys rock !!!

Comment

Working...
        X