How do I check performnace of a V5R4M0 machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I check performnace of a V5R4M0 machine

Our shop has a couple of i-series. One is an old 270 which we keep around as a couple of our clients need their software in this flavor. We actually build it on our newer machine (V6R1M0) and test it on the old machine to make sure it will work in the clients environment.
    Have not logged on to the 270 for about 4 months. When we did we noticed serious performance issues in that jobs that used to take 5 minutes are now taking 45 minutes or longer. I check the system logs to see if we needed to replace any batteries (had to that about a year ago). All is good there.
    There is no TAATOOLS on the machine
    Any suggestions as to what we can do to see to find the probelem would be helpful.

Thanks,
    John
    John M. Mauro
    Software Engineer
    nThrive

Re: How do I check performnace of a V5R4M0 machine

dspsyssts, look at disk space. wrkactjob, look at cpu usage (runaway jobs)
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
      dspsyssts, look at disk space. wrkactjob, look at cpu usage (runaway jobs)
      Thanks,

Already checked disk space (55%), looked for runaway jobs with wrkactjob, wrksysact, wrksyssts and found nothing.
      John M. Mauro
      Software Engineer
      nThrive

Comment

Perhaps a history (or the like) table has been stuffed with millions of records and then some programs run using sql or opnqryF runs with out a nice index and this kills performance.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

As you have WRKSYSACT, that means you have the performance tools installed. I assume it's active so have you tried looking through the performance data to try and find the issue?

Comment

Working...
          X