Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 server relocation

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of relocating AS400 server, could you please guide me which are the mandatory things those needs to be handled. Thanks in advance.

Re: AS400 server relocation

Network connection at new location. Firewall rules. Depends on the wiring mess that you see at the existing location. It might be as simple as just 1 Ethernet wire per partition. You also have the controlling consul and its 2 wires to move as well. Its a simple thing to do.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Thank you. but actually I was looking for software level changes, like what configuration changes needs to be done..

Comment

does the ip of the box have to change for the move? I can't think of any software changes for a physical move other than needing a different ip address. I hope this is not it as i would be massively concerned that many things are coded to the ip versus the dns name.

Comment

yes ip will change. I think stand alone applications will work fine, but not sure about the apps which communicate to other apps in network (e.g. web services)

Comment

if all of the developers used the dns name then life is great. I don't know of a way to tell.

Comment

Working...
            X