Smtp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smtp

I am going to ask a few questions which reading "the manual" or "step by step instructions" don't seem to answer. My Goal it to use the SNDDST command to send a simple text email to users within a company.com domain. (the iSeries is not part of and has no function in supporting the company.com email system, but it is on the same network as the rest of the company) A job running on the iseries needs to send an email to someone that is not an iSeries User.

1) is a "Mail-Relay" always needed for this configuration.
    2) this is the Mail-Relay that was given to me by someone unfamiliar with iSeries.
    SMTP Hostname: smtp.mailgun.org
    SMTP Login: postmaster@i5-mail.microfirst.com
    Password: (32char alpha-numeric)
    Port: 465(SSL/TLS) or 587 (STARTTLS)
    Return Address: <your.choice>@i5-mail.microfirst.com

3) it seems that only iSeries Navigator allows setting up the login and password and for some reason it will not accept the hyphen (minus sign) in the login/user-name despite it being listed as a valid Character.

4) anything else you can say to help me understand what IBM is telling me here. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=nas8N1017620

Thank you.

Re: Smtp

You can setup a passthrough on the iseries so you can just issue the snddst and it will pass to your email server (which has to have passthrough enabled) then out to whomever.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
      You can setup a passthrough on the iseries so you can just issue the snddst and it will pass to your email server (which has to have passthrough enabled) then out to whomever.
      Hi DeadManWalks,
      Thanks for the reply and suggestion. The Admin who supplied the Mailgun account information did so because he did not want the iSeries using the company email server. I guess I should have mentioned that in the original post. Thanks again for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
        Hi DeadManWalks,
        thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I am unsure what you mean by "passthrough" from the iSeries perspective, it sounds like another way of saying mail-relay, can you please expand on that terminology. If you were using the term in reference to our company email server, the administrator who supplied the MAILGUN information to be used for the mail-relay explicitly did NOT want the iSeries using the company email server.

Thank again for you time,
        Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
        X