Client Access Hangs when break message is sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access Hangs when break message is sent

So this has been going on for years and years. I just now thought maybe someone knows how to get around this.
    So when a user receives a break message and they are typing at the same time it hangs up the session and I have to end them manually.
    It does not make any difference what version of access you are using either. we are on v6.0 with 7.1 Db2. but like i said its always done this. Anyone else have issues with this? Its very annoying for the user and myself getting the emails/calls to end them.
    Ideas?
    Thanks

The 'Reset' key doesn't clear it? I don't recall seeing it happen where the emulator was simply hung (and it couldn't simply be reset).
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

I'm with Tom, I've never seen this happen either. Normally, a red "X II" appears in the status area and pressing the reset key (left Ctrl) clears it.

Comment

I'm with Tom & John...certainly wouldn't be the first time a user has assumed their session is "dead" when it just needed a touch of the reset key.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Working...
        X