Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from IBMi

Hi all,
    I have an issue with the email from the IBMi.
    I am using the SndSmtpEmm and/or SndDst commands.
    When I send to an external email address like .gmail or .yahoo the message will be received.
    When I send to an internal email address the message is not received.
    The network people have looked and do not see any signs of any email going out from the IBMi (external or internal).
    We change the mail router settings and see no differences.

Any thoughts on what the issues are?

Kerwin

Re: Email from IBMi

You need to have the internal e-mail server admin look at logs on the internal e-mail server and see if it's rejecting relays from the IBM i. Do a SNDDST and get a specific timestamp to troubleshoot around. This could be the issue.

If your network guys don't see SMTP traffic when you're using SNDDST to an external e-mail, but you're receiving the e-mail I would say that's on them. Not sure why they wouldn't see that, but e-mail not sending is rarely a network issue in my experience.

Comment

Do you have mail journalling turned on? You can see if you have via CHGSMTPA.
      If you do, the QZMF journal may give some assistance in looking for problems. Details of the journal entries can be found here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowle...al.htm?lang=en

Comment

Thought about this over the weekend. Another extremely useful to utilize in tracking down these network issues, Trace TCP/IP Application:

In this case, follow these steps for SMTP:

1. Run > TRCTCPAPP APP(*SMTPCLT)

2. Send the e-mail.

3. Run > TRCTCPAPP APP(*SMTPCLT) SET(*OFF)

This will produce some spooled output with a lot of useful information in it.

Comment

Working...
        X