ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best API to search a particular job queue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best API to search a particular job queue?

I am looking to find the oldest job on a job queue. So my question is, which is the best means to find this? QUSLJOB appears to list all jobs regardless of where they are but QGYOLJOB appears similar but can I lock it down to a particular queue easily? Or am I missing another API that might be similar?

The QGYOLJOB API might be the one you need, though that would be unusual. Good luck, if you're venturing into it for the first time. (Help is available here.)

If the number of jobs on job queues is fewer than, say, 100000, then QUSLJOB ought to work okay. You'll need to loop through the entries in the space and ignore all that are on a different queue, and then just extract the remaining job with oldest date.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

fwiw i'd opt for the QGYOLJOB API to avoid possibly running into a full user space,etc.
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
      X