Rumba Session question - break messages on compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumba Session question - break messages on compile

Good morning, I have Rumba at a new job and want the break messages to show on the session I am compiling on. When I have a second session, the break message that the compile was successful shows on the other session. I believe on Client Access the message would break or show on the bottom of the compiling session. Not sure if it's a User Profile attribute.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Rumba Session question - break messages on compile

I believe the messages break on the first session that's signed on to - that session is the one that obtains a lock on your message queue.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Yes, Emmanuel is correct... and to change which session shows the messages, you have to sign off ALL your open sessions to make the swap. It is also to note that there are certain modifications you can make to detect and then send some form of message about the results of your compile to anyplace, however, this kind of a change has a tendency to be overwritten by IBM software upgrades and the like.

Best Regards,

Fred

Comment

As much as I hate to disagree with someone who says I'm correct :-), another option, without having to sign off of your sessions is to change your message queue to delivery *HOLD:
        CHGMSGQ MSGQ(YOURMSGQ) DLVRY(*HOLD)
        Then, in the session where you'd like your messages to break, do this:
        CHGMSGQ MSGQ(YOURMSGQ) DLVRY(*BREAK)

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Working...
        X