No announcement yet.

IBM Navigator for i, not very good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea if anyone is still reading/monitoring this thread but hoping someone can help me. I switched to a windows 10 laptop and Client Access was reinstalled. I am guessing I'm missing some authorities because when I enter my user details I get a message 'System iNavigator was unable to determine which new components (IP address) is capable of supporting' and Basic Operations/Work Management are empty. This is not just for 1 IP address but for any that I try.

Can anyone help? I prefer iSeries navigator to Navigator for i. Thanks.

Comment

• abbyburroughs
      abbyburroughs commented
      Editing a comment
      Answering my own question I think - seem a 'custom' reinstallation is required.

Originally posted by abbyburroughs View Post
    No idea if anyone is still reading/monitoring this thread but hoping someone can help me. I switched to a windows 10 laptop and Client Access was reinstalled. I am guessing I'm missing some authorities because when I enter my user details I get a message 'System iNavigator was unable to determine which new components (IP address) is capable of supporting' and Basic Operations/Work Management are empty. This is not just for 1 IP address but for any that I try.

Can anyone help? I prefer iSeries navigator to Navigator for i. Thanks.

Make sure you have the very latest version of System iNavigator, 7.1 and if you haven't already, install patch SI68573_64a.exe. I think it's still available on the IBM FTP site. If not I can get you a copy. That may help. I still use iNavigator over the Access Client for most operational things.

Comment

• abbyburroughs
      abbyburroughs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jim! I have requested a custom reinstall so will see if that works first.
Working...
X