STRTCP issue and no network connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRTCP issue and no network connection

When I IPLed an iSeries P6 server which has been out of service for a few months, I found that it would not connect to our network. The ethernet line and controllers are all varied on and okay but the network jack and cable into our network switch are on but only flashing intermittently. I tried a new cable, same result. An older model 520 is plugged in to the same switch and working okay - green light flashing continuously. I checked all the network settings - domain, dns, interfaces - nothing changed or incorrect. I'm not sure if this is related or just a false alarm but, during the STRTCP command, I see an error message TCP8A4E saying a parsing error occured with file QIBM/UserData/OS400/TCPIP/QTOCInterfaceAlias.xml. I checked this file in a STRQSH shell and size was 0 bytes. I went to another site with same model and OS400 release(V7R1), and found the same file. Since I have no network connection, and since the tape drive died long ago, I had no way to get the good file over so I printed it and then entered it using EDTH on the down server. Have checked it thoroughly and it matches the file from other server. But still getting the TCP error and no network connection. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the TCP8A4E error causing the lack of network connection or should I be looking at something else? By the way, I also went into service tools and saw no failing devices or diagnostic errors.
    Thanks.

If you run CFGTCP, option 1, then F11, what do you see for Interface Status for your interface?

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Thanks for your reply. To clarify my post, the interface status for the interface is active. Also, using wrkcfgsts *lin I see that the line, controller and device are all active, and the device has a job attached to it. Nothing shows up in service tools, hardware service manager, view log. I can't find anything abnormal except that I get "error parsing" the xml file when I IPL and every time I run the strtcp command - I've also tried ending and restarting TCP.

Comment

Working...
      X