ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning values from a java call to an RPG program?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Returning values from a java call to an RPG program?

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
    umm...isn't that pretty much the same prototype as dhanuxp & I posted earlier?

btw, if you use the [code][/code] tags your code is much more readable.
    Yes. Yes it is the same prototype you guys recommended.

But, um, well, see, after changing both the prototype and the java method, I didn't sign off and sign back in, which made it look like it didn't work....

I've been coding long enough on the iSeries now that I should know the rule of thumb...when in doubt, sign off....

Comment

I wouldn't worry. It's not the first time this has caught someone out!
      Glad we could help.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMonger View Post
        Yes. Yes it is the same prototype you guys recommended.

But, um, well, see, after changing both the prototype and the java method, I didn't sign off and sign back in, which made it look like it didn't work....

I've been coding long enough on the iSeries now that I should know the rule of thumb...when in doubt, sign off....
        well the main thing about using Java on the system that irks me is the inability to end the JVM & restart it in the same job (which would have "fixed" your issue) IIRC a few releases back you could restart the JVM in a job...but then again i'm now older and have slept since then. perhaps a DCR would help but i seriously doubt that behavior will change.
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
        X