ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program to create links and keep it in some website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program to create links and keep it in some website.

Hi All,

I have different read me documents for different applications. so now I want to keep all the documnets under one Mainpage.

Mainpage
    |
    |__>1. ABC (1st Application Name) under this we have some read me docs
    |
    |__> 1. Overview doc
    2. Issue related docs ( for these docs I want to create Hyperlinks so if I open the webpage I can directly go the required document without any issu

2. BCD (2nd application name) under this it contains some documents. the requirement is same as above.

then finally I want to keep the " Mainpage " in Knowledge Management website. so it would be better to retrieve the required documents as early as possible and need to create search button if I give any key word in that box it should retrieve the respective documents.

So can you please help me out to write a program for the above requirement. Please let me know if you required anything more information.

Thanks.

Re: Program to create links and keep it in some website.

here is a project i worked on (that has now been taken over & rewritten) that does pretty much what you are asking for. the save file is at v5r4 and can be downloaded from http://tommyholden.com/downloads/iledocs.savf it will create an HTML index page and "child" pages relating to that page. it shouldn't be hard to adapt that to suit your purposes.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the site you mentioned above.. But I am not able to open the documents. So could you please help me out what all the steps I need to follow to open the required documents.

Thanks,
      Vasu

Comment

I wrote one in PHP that dynamically built links and directory pages for a document folder. You can add docs or sub folders on the fly as it builds it each time you navigate real time. Need to add a function to "move" docs from folder to folder. It tracks last changed date, required review dates, whether docs are in use or inactive, summary description of the docs etc.
        Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Originally posted by vasuvv View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the site you mentioned above.. But I am not able to open the documents. So could you please help me out what all the steps I need to follow to open the required documents.

Thanks,
          Vasu
          it's a save file. you download, FTP to your system & do a restore...you CAN'T open it using a PC

Comment

Hi,

Please share the procedure to complete task.

Thanks,
            Suresh

Comment

if you can't perform a simple FTP transfer & restore operation...how are you actually going to program aynthing

Code:
              create a save file (CRTSAVF in case you don't know that command)
              CRTSAVF QGPL/ILEDOCS

ftp MYSYSTEM

<actual ftp subcommands after logging into the system>
              bin
              put iledocs.savf QGPL/ILEDOCS
              quit
              <that's it>
              then a simple RSTLIB command (please tell me you can figure that one out)

Comment

We all get by, with a little help from our friends.
                All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
                and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
                X