Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java program with exit code 3

Any experts! please advice!!

Java subroutine in new i7 fails with the exit code 3.... Any idea what is the generic explanation for this exit code....

Re: Java program with exit code 3

Are there no messages explaining what happened? Usually, when the JVM ends, you'd get a stack dump or similar...

Comment

I may be having the same issue. I am using the integration of RPG and Java via the Apache POI techniques described in the book "Advanced Integrated RPG". The processing worked fine under V5R4, but I am getting a negative 3 result after invoking the JNI_CreateJavaVM procedure. I believe this code indicates a version error, but I can find no clues as to what I'm missing. Again, this may not be Vinoth's problem, so I'm sorry if I am adding confusion to the process!

Comment

i'm running v7.1 with no issues...however did you download and install a newer version of POI? if so the older version of Scott's service program will not work due to changes made to POI. you may need to either get Scott's latest version of the HSSF service program or get an older version of POI. i know that Scott's older version will work with poi-3.0.2-FINAL-20080204.jar
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I believe I am current with all the downloads, and in fact, I did receive a reply via a different forum that has got me past my current error. I do appreciate your response, however. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X