ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct way to obtain/get/use the correct TrustManager on the i5(6.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the correct way to obtain/get/use the correct TrustManager on the i5(6.1)

Everything Ive tried doesnt work. The documentation for this in IBM is incorrect.

Re: What is the correct way to obtain/get/use the correct TrustManager on the i5(6.1)

It is indeed possible that documentation is incorrect. I'm pretty sure I've reported documentation errors to IBM for pretty much every release so far. (One of the last ones was really irritating because it was only a documentation "error" because IBM decided they couldn't easily make the function work as documented.)

What has IBM Support said about the problem so far?

Tom
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Re: What is the correct way to obtain/get/use the correct TrustManager on the i5(6.1)

I havent contacted IBM. Im just a lowly ole contractor. I dont have any type of support with them.

I am try to get a paypal system working. I believe that I have the software connecting to paypal and sending credentials but either paypal or the i5 certificate trustmanagers is returning:

com.paypal.core.rest.PayPalRESTException: HTTPS hostname wrong: should be <api.sandbox.paypal.com>

But that is the url that Im using. I have verified it in my stdout and stderr files. I do believe that it is the i5 trustmanager.

After researching this I came to the conclusion that it was the trust manager. But I dont know how to get the correct trustmanager. There is an option to ignore the trustmanagers, but im not going there. All the documentation Ive used is incorrect. When I do use the IBM documentaion examples, Im getting provider doesnt exist, and all types of other errors.

Im using the keymanagers and trustmangers indicted in the sdk6 java.security file. But that doesnt appear to be correct. So Im stuck as to how to proceed.

After reading this post, it appears to be somewhat rambling. I hope Ive been clear.
      Last edited by davisty; June 28, 2013, 07:51 AM. Reason: Confusing

Comment

Working...
      X