Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranfer Data from FoxPro Database to iSeries

Hello,
    I would like to transfer data from a indexed FoxPro Database file to a pf at our AS/400.
    I guess the easiest way is writing a java program which uses a jdbc driver.
    Does anybody know which (free) JDBC driver I have to use?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
    Sascha

Re: Tranfer Data from FoxPro Database to iSeries

How about outputting the file as XML and using the funky new XML opcodes in RPG to get it into a file?

Comment

The problem is that an external application only provides the data as a foxpro data base file. Surely I could develop a windows applicaton in .net which converts the data to a xml file, but the target is to transfer the data the shortest way available. I probably will purchase a licence for StelsDBF which can handle the foxpro files like an jdbc provider.
      Nevertheless thank you for you suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sascha
        Does anybody know which (free) JDBC driver I have to use?
        Are you asking about a JDBC driver to access the FoxPro database from programming running on your AS/400? Or will it be a Java function running the PC that needs to use JDBC to send data to the AS/400?
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Hello tomliotta,
          it is a java programm running on my AS/400 which will use a JDBC driver.
          The .dbf-File (and also the files *.fpt and *.CDX) will be copied into a subfolder of the /home-direction in the IFS by a simple windows script (cmd).
          I have tested StelsDBF and I am quite confident with that JDBC driver. In my opinion it is worth its price tag of app. 120 € .

Comment

Working...
          X