X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the i5 JVM 32 or 64 bit

I know it has multiple JVM's. How would I start a non-classic jvm

Re: Is the i5 JVM 32 or 64 bit

This page describes the value for the JAVA_HOME environment variable that you need for the various non-classic JVMs, either 32-bit or 64-bit. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowle...dk.htm?lang=en (I assume you're on 6.1 since the classic JVM isn't even available on 7.1.)

With the Classic JVM, the java.version system property determines which JDK to run. Once a Java virtual machine is up and running, changing the java.version system property has no effect. If you are using IBM Technology for Java, you select which 5761-JV1 option to run (and therefore which JDK/bit mode) by setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable. This differs from the Classic JVM, which can use the java.version system property as input.
    That paragraph doesn't mention it explicitly, but I believe that you always get the classic JVM if you explicitly specify the java.version property, in any of the various places you can specify properties such as the QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES environment variable or the various places listed here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowle...op.htm?lang=en. (When it says "Java Native Interface (JNI) invocation API)", that is how the properties you specify in the RPG environment variable actually get passed to Java.)

Comment

Have you reviewed responses to essentially the same question you asked in How to control which JVM is started?
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thank You Barbara,

The reason Im asking, is because Im trying to do a System.load with a third party product and Im getting:

Native code library failed to load.
        java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /ty/libchilkat.so

java -version
        java version "1.6.0"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
        Classic VM (build 1.6, build JDK-1.6, native threads, jitc)

Ive been struggling with this for a few days now. It's finding the code but cant load it. So as a matter of desperation Im looking at this angle.

import com.chilkatsoft.*;

public class ChilkatExample {

static {
        try {
        System.load("/ty/libchilkat.so");
        } catch (UnsatisfiedLinkError e) {
        System.err.println("Native code library failed to load.\n" + e);
        System.exit(1);
        }
        }

public static void main(String argv[])

Comment

In that post I was trying load different versions of the JVM 1.4, 1.5, 1.6

NOT whether they were 32 or 64 bit. Quite different, dont you think ...

Comment

Working...
          X