java on iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java on iSeries

I am new to java on iSeries. Don't know where to start.
    I have all I need to run java on iSeries side. Can I develop programs using myEclipse? How do I setup enviroment in IFS.

Can anybody give me some idea?

Thanks in advance.

Re: java on iSeries

Your best bet is to setup a directory in the ifs that you use to store all of your java calss files. You can use packages within this directory to keep things organize.
    Next set the machines classpath to point to this directiry.

Yes you can write yoour programs in eclipse. I use the same naming standards in my eclipse environment as in the ifs. This makes it easy to copy applications from your pc to the iseries.

If your jdk on eclipse is different than your System i you might have to re compile your java files on the System i. You can use Qshel or I Series navigator to do this.
    Predictions are usually difficult, especially about the future. ~Yogi Berra

Vertical Software Systems
    VSS.biz

Comment

Have you poked around in the Java section of the Information Center? Many answers there.

If you're running NetServer (which provides Microsoft-compatible network access to the IFS) you should be able to configure a share to your project directories. You can then, say, map a network drive, then point your Eclipse project there. This way you're just dealing with one copy of your code.

Comment

toeside, I am now working on it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X