Installing sql server jdbc driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing sql server jdbc driver

Hello guys, i want to connect to sql server 2000 from strsql and rpg programs. I have searched everywhere, and downloaded the jdbc drivers, and put them on the IFS, but when i want to install them i get this error:

CALL sqlj/install_jar('file:/home/fleon/sqljdbc4.jar',
    'libbf/sqljdbc4',0)

LIBBF is the library where all stuff in production goes.

It says: /QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/jar cannot be found. But i can see it on the IFS just fine.

Do i have to copy the jars to that folder first? I don't know what to do.

Re: Installing sql server jdbc driver

I tried the command with a privileged account, and without the product library (libbf), i now get this error:

character conversion between CCSID 65535 and CCSID 1200 not valid

What now?

Comment

ok, i did a CHGJOB and changed the CCSID from 65535 to 37 (english) and now it worked. I know i should have used a spanish CCSID but i wanted to test it quickly. I will keep searching to know what comes next.

Comment

i was trying to use the latest 2.0 driver from microsoft, and that doesn't work since it needs at least java 1.5 which our iseries doesn't have, but i downloaded 1.2 (works with 1.4) and installed it in qibm/userdata/java400/ext and i don't even have to mess with the classpath.

I am now having other issues, i get a JNI_CHECKERROR saying that the driver couldn't establish a secure connection. I am searching how to disable that since we don't use SSL.

Comment

I made it work with microsoft' old jdbc driver (1.1) as version 1.2 has issues with the jvm's ssl implementation / configuration.

Comment

I also made it work with jTDS. It is WAY faster than microsoft's implementation. I had to use version 1.2.2 because 1.2.3 and up have a bug that requires java 1.5

Comment

I like people who reply to their own posts
              Philippe

Comment

curious thing, i went to google this morning to search for this problem, and i found only 1 google result... this post.. maybe in the future someone will benefit from this one. I would have liked to make microsoft's 1.2 driver version to work, but they say some jvm have bugs with their ssl handshake implementation.

BTW, i never could make it work when using classpath and the /QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/jar folder. I just copied the jar to /QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                  I like people who reply to their own posts
                  Not only, that was a whole conversation
                  Regards

Kit
                  http://www.ecofitonline.com
                  DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
                  X