Connecting to a MySQL table with RPG utilizing JDBCR4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to a MySQL table with RPG utilizing JDBCR4

Has anyone successfully managed to make this work?

JDBCR4 is a service program developed by Scott Klement that allows RPG programs access to Java classes. In this case I am trying to use a Java program to make a connection to a MySQL data base on a linux server.

I need to push data from our i5 server to a MySQL database so that a program (I think it's PHP) running in a cloud environment can read our production data. The outside PHP developer has stated that the cloud environment does not offer up the requisite IBM ODBC drivers required to access our i5. For this to work I need to replicate several i5 tables to the MySQL database.

I managed to download the source and instructions for the JDBCR4 program. Create the module, service program, and bound directory. It was when I went to run the sample program that I hit my stumbling block. I cannot connect to the MySQL data base. The only difference between what I have done and the directions was that I loaded the most recent version of the Connector/J JDBC drivers. Scott's documentation references drivers that are around three years in age. I will attempt to find and use the older drivers next but am uncertain that that will actually help.

The errors I receive are these:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: connect
    at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
    at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:49)
    at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:36 )
    at java.lang.NoSuchMethodError.<init>(NoSuchMethodErr or.java:39)

I am hoping that someone here has done this already and might be able to help lead me to the promised land of inter system connectivity.

Please do not offer up any commercial software as I have already been told that there is no budget for it.

Steve

Re: Connecting to a MySQL table with RPG utilizing JDBCR4

I located, downloaded, installed and tried the older version of Connector/J referenced in Scott's documentation - no change. I receive the same error.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X