Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on compiling Java Byte-Code to improve peformance

Hello,

Im using the Apache FOP on the 400 to create PDF's.
    Would running crtjvapgm on the .jar files bring a significant increase in performance? Im wanting to "compile" the FOP .jar files. Im wanting to set the optimization level to 40, I dont want to run debug on it. Would it even work?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank You

Re: Suggestions on compiling Java Byte-Code to improve peformance

dhanuxp,

you need to clear your private messages. it's filled up and I cant send to you.

Hi there,

Dont worry about you English, it's great. You shouldnt be afraid to post in the public forum. Agreed, there are very bad people in these forums that will try to humiliate others, but they are small, unintelligent people. Just ignore them. They are miserable and try to show others how miserable they are. They make the bad mistake of confusing kindness with weakness.

Im not running iTEXT. Im using Apache FOP. It doesnt have the addText and all that. It uses an xsl style sheet that merges with xml to produce an .fo file , that in return generates a PDF file. . Im trying to provide an alternative to a native(expensive) 400 pdf generation software. But, both the iText and FOP are a little to slow for my liking. Im not sure my client would accept the performance. It takes over a minute to produce a single page PDF. We're using FOP because of some graphic limitations in iText

Im actually using this in a 3 step process. These are 3 separate programs
    1. Generate XML object (RPG Using CGIDEV2)
    2. Merge XSL/XML Producing the .FO object(RPG Using Java Prototype)
    3. Produce PDF from .FO File(RPG Using Java Prototype)

That's why Im thinking of "compiling" the fop.jar file. I would like to remove the JIT resource bottleneck and go with native 400 code to improve the performance. It may be old school, but if old school gets me paid ...

Comment

Re: Suggestions on compiling Java Byte-Code to improve peformance

Originally posted by davisty
      Hello,

Im using the Apache FOP on the 400 to create PDF's.
      Would running crtjvapgm on the .jar files bring a significant increase in performance?
      Yes. You definitely want to run CRTJVAPGM against any Java class that you create or import. Use OPTIMIZE(40) if possible. The performance increase can be significant:

Comment

Working...
      X