Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows Oracle ?

Hi All,

When record insert into the DB2 table on IBMi we can call a RPG trigger to send the data to any platform Says, Oracle or mySQL..ect using scott’s JDBC program or calling java methods directly or calling nice rpg webService client. All of us knows, it is a simple business & can be done using RPG very nice way..

This time I need to reverse the process. Says, when a record insert into the Oracle table, I need to insert it to the DB2 table in IBMi server.

My guts feeling says this can be done with calling a java method inside the oracle trigger. Unfortunately I install oracle client after 7 years as well as 0% industry experience in oracle. So no idea at.

I have called to all my oracle contact which says themselves as “oracle expert “ who works day and night to keep the database running and developing sucking oracle forms but they are clueless about my requirement.

Some are asking to write a endless thread to monitor the record adding but I'm not happy to do it in such a bad way. Some are suggest to writing a soap client inside the oracle procedure but this oracle stupid don’t have experience in doing such.

If anyone has a experience or better idea about doing this in industry standards please share with me.

Thanks

Re: Who knows Oracle ?

Look here.
    Philippe

Comment

Thanks philippe.. I'll try it. And also one DBA suggested me to create oracle link.. (looks like SQL400 Connect Statement )
      I just go through it and saw the DB2 port is in the statement. Do you know what is the port number in AS400 to access DB2 ? is it 1528 ?

Code:
      SQL> create database link db2
      2 connect to user10
      3 identified by user1000
      4 using '(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=167.82.63.98)(PORT=1528))(HS=))';
      Database link created.

SQL> select count(*) FROM DES.LIST_DEV@DB2;
      Thanks

Comment

Hi..
        I'm still working in this..
        01) what is DB2 connecting port ? is it 446?
        netstat shows
        Local port . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : as-database
        actually what is numeric port number ?

2). If DB2 is installed in windows machine & need to send a data to oracle/mySQL
        what are the option available in db2 ?

Thanks

Comment

Database / DATABASE as-database 8471(Non-SSL) 9471(SSL)
          Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Working...
          X