Getting PC screen to display always on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting PC screen to display always on top

I have an application in our shop that works in conjunction the AS400 and displays a screen on the users pc. I want the pc screen to always be on top when displayed. Can someone help me with this.
    Thanks,
    John
    John M. Mauro
    Software Engineer
    nThrive

Re: Getting PC screen to display always on top

i hate to tell you this but unless you can find a way to short-circuit Windows "actions"/focus there's no way to do what you're asking using just plain ol' 5250 screens...
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks Tom....Not really what I wanted to hear but to it is what it is !!!
      John M. Mauro
      Software Engineer
      nThrive

Comment

not positive, but I think you can play with the windows handle to always be in front.
        http://www.google.com/search?q=windo...=hp&channel=np
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

even so that will not fix the "got focus" issue...(unless you don't need focus on that window that is)
          I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Was the PC app written in-house? If so, you could modify it to force itself to the forefront when launched. If not, you could get someone to write a small intermediate app that launches the canned software, grab the windows handle of the launched app and force it to the front.
            Jonas Temple
            Got FROG?
            Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

Working...
            X