os installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• os installation

i have one doubt can we install the ibm os into normal windows supporting hardware system.

Re: os installation

Just one? what is that? I am pretty sure there is no way to put I5/OS onto a Dell box.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

absolutely not. (there was once a video on how it could be done but it wasn't a "full-fledged" functioning OS). there are too many pieces of the OS that are so tightly integrated to the hardware platform that while it could be possible the effort required to reverse engineer the OS into a VM (or as a standalone OS) on a intel box would take years.
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
        absolutely not. (there was once a video on how it could be done but it wasn't a "full-fledged" functioning OS). there are too many pieces of the OS that are so tightly integrated to the hardware platform that while it could be possible the effort required to reverse engineer the OS into a VM (or as a standalone OS) on a intel box would take years.
        thanks friends for giving me reply
        and one more doubt do we have free account as400 system to work on it can u send me the links if possible

thanks & regards
        dileep.g

Comment

This thread may have what you are after..
          We enjoy helping NEWBIES learn what has been so good to us over the past ..Oh 100 years or so... So feel free to post any/all BASIC questions to this forum.
          the smoking gnu

Comment

Working...
          X