RUNRMTCMD of .net console application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNRMTCMD of .net console application

Ok I'm new to this whole .Net programming bit, but here's where I'm at. I have this server that has an SQL database. I wrote a little program to read data from the IBM i and used the stored procedures via EF. At anyrate, I packaged it with ClickOnce and then installed it on the server. Now I want to write a CL program to do a RUNRMTCMD to call that installed application. ClickOnce installs into this crazy App Cache directory or something... Anyone else doing this? Seems insane to use the actual path? Anything relative I can do? Should I redo the package and install with Windows Installer instead so I can have it put into the Program Files folder?

Any help would be awesome!
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Re: RUNRMTCMD of .net console application

another option would be to call a script that you write that checks the Windoze registry to get the install location & execute it from that script. then it doesn't matter where it resides (or where M$ decides to change their installer to put things) you'll be good to go.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I don't think that will work for a ClickOnce installed app since ClickOnce doesn't do registry modifications. Its the newest shiniest most secure installer from M$oft that they baked into Visual Studio.
      Your future President
      Bryce

---------------------------------------------
      http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

yep you might be able to use relative path for this.Windows 7 location is %localappdata%, for XP C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\Local Settings\Apps (i'm sure there's a %whatever% for that as well)
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
        X