Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certmgr.exe

Hi All,

I want to install a certificate from the iSeries onto a large number of user PC's.

I could do this with certmgr.exe (Silent batch file install) on XP I think. But on 7 that program is no longer installed, instead there is a snap in called certmgr.msc that merely opens the GUI certificate manager app and does not allow installing the certificate by command line options.

Does anyone have a certmgr.exe that works with Windows 7 that I can use?

Or any other app/script that can install the certificate onto a PC from a batch script. Target PC's may be differeing OS levels ...

< e d i t >We use Altiris to propagate the changes via a batch script to users PC's. So I need a script that will run on any target PC to add the certificates on the local PC it is being run on. < / e d i t >
    GC
    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Re: certmgr.exe

I must admit -- I've never heard of anyone doing something like this before. Especially since, in my experience, every application on the PC has a separate certificate storage database, so you can't really just "install a certificate into a PC", rather you have to install it into each individual application,and the process tends to be different for each application.

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution for you -- but I'm very curious as to what/why/how you're doing this. Sounds like a very unique approach.

Comment

Working...
    X