Client Access Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access Solutions

Anyone else using Client Access Solutions ? Seems like a good near-zero install. My question is on the cursor - can we make it a block cursor ? The underline gets lost easily.

Re: Client Access Solutions

Please explain I don't even know what that is..
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I'd guess that it's IBM i Access 'Client Solutions'.

Tom
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

in the toolbar at the top, display cursor block

Comment

did that say you can have a 5250 on linux without all that left handed digit fumbling?

Has this really been around since 2011? I need to get out more
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Yes, Tom, I didn't get the name exactly right.

Thanks, AMC - but I sure can't find it there - I just see Blinking Cursor options.

Comment

I wasn't aware of the download until I tried to find out what you were using. I have a copy and hope to do some looking, RSN ("Real Soon Now"). Thanks for the question.

Tom
              Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

For me, the blinking block cursor can be set in two ways through the emulator. Both ways are essentially the same as the standard PComm emulator. Using the tool-bar, one difference is that a check-box is used to select a 'blink' option while Yes and No radio buttons are used in the standard PComm emulator. They appear in essentially the same relative positions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iACS_display.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	126655

That has both the 'Block' shape radio button selected and the 'Allow blinking cursor' check-box checked.

If the same options aren't available for you, it might help to know what PC OS you're using along with fix packs, etc.

Tom
                Tom

Comment

And the second method is through Edit-> Preferences-> Appearance-> Display Setup..., should give the same result.

Tom
                  Tom

Comment

Ah, there it is. Seemed I needed to update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 (released only a few days ago).
                    Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483
                      Anyone else using Client Access Solutions ? Seems like a good near-zero install. My question is on the cursor - can we make it a block cursor ? The underline gets lost easily.
                      I've used it on and off for a year now, I like that it's "near-zero install" and runs happily from a memory stick. That means I can take my connections and set up with me
                      the smoking gnu

Comment

Working...
                      X