Client Access Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access Transfer

I am trying to upload 12 Excel sheets (one workbook) to system files. This needs to be repeated monthly.
    I have been doing this with iSeries Access Data Transfer, but now that I have Excel 2013 installed, this no longer works. IBM acknowledges this but says it has no plans to fix it. I have tried using the Client Solutions, but it won't run without a .FDFX file. Anyone know how to create one? I tried downloading the PF using "From IBM", but I can't find where it stores the FDFX file. Any ideas? Or, I wouldn't mind a more automated way to upload. Suggestions?

Re: Client Access Transfer

If it is the file type(.xlsx) perhaps you can save it in BIFF8(.xls) and then do the transfer. That should work. The following link says you can save to that format in Excel 2013.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

Thanks. No it doesn't matter if its .xls or .xlsx Its the Excel 2013 that is the issue. Its the .fdfx file I am trying to find.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483
        I am trying to upload 12 Excel sheets (one workbook) to system files. This needs to be repeated monthly.
        I have been doing this with iSeries Access Data Transfer, but now that I have Excel 2013 installed, this no longer works. IBM acknowledges this but says it has no plans to fix it. I have tried using the Client Solutions, but it won't run without a .FDFX file. Anyone know how to create one? I tried downloading the PF using "From IBM", but I can't find where it stores the FDFX file. Any ideas? Or, I wouldn't mind a more automated way to upload. Suggestions?
        I encountered the same problem but after some trail and error, the fdfx file can be created by doing a download from the iSeries table. You can then use that same fdfx file to perform the upload. It appears that the fdfx file is specific eg. if you want to upload from an active excel spreadsheet 10 columns then you download those exact columns into an active excel spreadsheet and use that fdfx file that was created in the download. I may be wrong but that fdfx cannot be used to upload from a another source eg. csv. Hope this helps. IBM has also provided steps to migrate fdf created by previous versions of client-access to fdfx.

Comment

Working...
        X