iSeries Access for the Web and Field Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access for the Web and Field Exit

Anyone using this? I have a few international users that need access for minimal data entry. My problem is they enter 3 numeric fields. The Field Exit button actually executes, but it blanks the entire field - regardless of cursor location. Is they use TAB, the data is ok, but then the ENTER doesn't work. (ENTER not allowed in this field)

Anyone got a answer or workaround ?

Re: iSeries Access for the Web and Field Exit

It could be perharps a defective keyboard mapping. Check the keyboard functions on iSeries Access. On my keyboard eg [field+] key-action is assigned to Field Exit key.
    Philippe

Comment

My boss has his R CTRL key as enter and i have mine set as the big enter key (the one with the Arrow. Maybe also ccsid etc?
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

How do you map the keyboard? Keep in mind this is iSeries for WEB, not the iSeries Access for Windows. No software on the client at all - it is a "green screen" thru browser.

Comment

Hi Arrow:

Give this a try:
          RE: Fw: Keyboard mapping with IBM's webfacing tool -- You should be able to do this with JavaScript if I am not mistaken. Checkout this link: http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/articles/jsevents3/jsevents3.html Look at this code specifically. Just create a file called onkeydown.html and use notepad to paste ...

If it is keyboard mapping and it is controled by iseries for web....wouldn't all displays act the same? ..... just a thought

GLS
          The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X