Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compiling Sources

Hi,

How do i get the list of sources in a source PF (to spool file or to display file).I need this to compile all the sources at one go.

Thanks
    Sudarshan
    Thanks
    Sudarshan

Re: compiling Sources

To Display:
    DSPFD FILE(BILL/QRPGLESRC) TYPE(*MBRLIST)

To print:
    DSPFD FILE(YourLib/QRPGLESRC) TYPE(*MBRLIST) OUTPUT(*PRINT)

To an output file:
    DSPFD FILE(YourLib/QRPGLESRC) TYPE(*MBRLIST) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(YourLib/YOURFILE)

Hint:
    Once member list is to a outfile then you can read it in a CL program.......
    Bill
    "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
    A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
    'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

warning, there may be special notes in any of the sources that you should be aware of.

For example a display file might have the note to RSTDSP(*YES), or a program needs a certain file created in Qtemp before you compile.

So just blindly recompiling the sources automatically is not a solid solution. You might end up with a halted production system. (where you compiled some files and certain programs would not compile or run correctly due to missed compile parameters, and now you have level checks.)

Good luck
      Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
        warning, there may be special notes in any of the sources that you should be aware of.

For example a display file might have the note to RSTDSP(*YES), or a program needs a certain file created in Qtemp before you compile.

So just blindly recompiling the sources automatically is not a solid solution. You might end up with a halted production system. (where you compiled some files and certain programs would not compile or run correctly due to missed compile parameters, and now you have level checks.)

Good luck
        also you might be compiling over files that are not the same as the production files (which will cause level checks unless heaven forbid you use level check *NO!!!)
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
        X