Mis-directed email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-directed email

I am using SNDMAIL to send emails to 3 different vendors. There are 3 SNDMAIL statements.
    Problem is the email sent to vendor 2 is actually the one for vendor 3. Vendor 2 sends back a copy for me (I also get a copy) - he's right - its the wrong email.
    Here's the catch - the email IS ADDRESSED CORRECTLY. Vendor 2 receives the email, and his name (and his company) are NOT in the To/CC fields at all. Somehow he still gets it. No indication of forwarding that I can see. Is there a way to examine the email headers in more detail to see if something is maybe in the BCC or elsewhere ?

Re: Mis-directed email

Display the QZMF journal contents to check out where the Mail Server Framework sent the email.
    "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Thanks. I found this journal, but I can't see (or don't know where to look) to see the addresses.

Comment

http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/Email%20Summary.pdf
        page 28.
        "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

When you say addressed correctly are you referring to the name@domain.com or the human readable name?

Comment

I mean both. I opened the "View internet headers", ands its correct there. Somehow it still goes to the wrong place.

If I re-send the email, it gets to the right place.

I finally gave up for now on SNDMAIL, and am using EMLSTMF and it worked ok this week.

Still bugs me though.

Comment

What about a BCC address being used? Being blind, it would show in the headers.

Comment

I thought of that, too. I tested sending a bcc. While it doesn't show in Outlook from/to, it DOES show in "internet headers" display.

Nope. The bad email doesn't show any bcc, either.

The only thing I can think of is that the "internet headers" is really just a text field, and that the "true" internet headers are somewhere else. I just don't know enough about email internals to know for sure. Or maybe its a cache somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X