can I pop outlook from greenscreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: can I pop outlook from greenscreen?

even sweeter...http://www.esyurl.com/go-to/en/api-help if you use php it actually has the code there to call this web service and retrieve the url...
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I have a whole document registry system connect to 1) item records 2) customer records 3) vendor records 4) non-standard records

How about document registered to the vendor? ISO certifications?
      How about item records register? Purchase Part drawings? manufactured parts assembly instructions?
      How about customer registered documents? Credit reports, customer's tooling requirements?

How about this: Employee needs to find a part on the floor, doesn't know what the hell he's looking for, thinks he ha sit in front of him but now sure, pulls out his trusty windows mobile unit, taps a few icons, selectes the part number, up pops a picture of the part, "Yup that's it". This is using C# from the mobile to iSeries program then sends down the data to the windows mobile unit to popup a picture from a network system.

Or how about QC finds some bad parts, takes a picture of in again on their windows mobile unit, registers it to the defective material system which in turn stores the picture of the defective part, no in green screen when I am in defiective materials maganement system I inquiry into the defect tag number anmd BANG there's the picture of the bad part. E-mail it to the supplier requesting credit, credit note comes in gets applied to the payables now it's all tied together. I can view a pdf of the check the credit was applied to and see the bad part's picture along with it.

Endless. But they need to expand the strpccmd.

Oh and btw if you use a rundll32 command you won't get the dumb little black DOS box popup.

Man the list goes on.
      Bill
      "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
      A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
      'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

I need to catch the next cart leaving my village for the 21st century...

Comment

Originally posted by Billw View Post
          I have a whole document registry system connect to 1) item records 2) customer records 3) vendor records 4) non-standard records

How about document registered to the vendor? ISO certifications?
          How about item records register? Purchase Part drawings? manufactured parts assembly instructions?
          How about customer registered documents? Credit reports, customer's tooling requirements?

How about this: Employee needs to find a part on the floor, doesn't know what the hell he's looking for, thinks he ha sit in front of him but now sure, pulls out his trusty windows mobile unit, taps a few icons, selectes the part number, up pops a picture of the part, "Yup that's it". This is using C# from the mobile to iSeries program then sends down the data to the windows mobile unit to popup a picture from a network system.

Or how about QC finds some bad parts, takes a picture of in again on their windows mobile unit, registers it to the defective material system which in turn stores the picture of the defective part, no in green screen when I am in defiective materials maganement system I inquiry into the defect tag number anmd BANG there's the picture of the bad part. E-mail it to the supplier requesting credit, credit note comes in gets applied to the payables now it's all tied together. I can view a pdf of the check the credit was applied to and see the bad part's picture along with it.

Endless. But they need to expand the strpccmd.

Oh and btw if you use a rundll32 command you won't get the dumb little black DOS box popup.

Man the list goes on.
          this is where a browser interface shines...there's just some things that are too limited by 5250, etc. if Jamie's process were done in PHP there would be no problems to put this together. STRPCCMD is useful but these days it makes everything feel like a chair with one short leg...it wobbles but you can still sit on it...
          I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Jamie:

I know there is a more complete and accurate list somewhere I just can't find it now.

i.e. spaces should be replaced by %20, carriage return/line feeds by %0D%0A, double quotes by %22, single quotes by %27, backslashes by %5C, less than by <, greater than by >, and ampersands by &.
            The above quote found here:

Also in that same document are the available paramaters for the mailto command.

Best of Luck
            GLS
            Last edited by GLS400; April 29, 2009, 03:28 PM.
            The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Besides the length limitation, some special chars are also a problem. For that reason using the rundll (as also pointed out by Bill) is much more stable.

Regards

Kit
              http://www.ecofitonline.com
              DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Tommy,

You are probably right but I don't know PHP. I'm an old greeen screen guy myself though I have /free'd myself for the most part.
                Bill
                "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
                A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
                'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

Also:

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
                    try to build the string like this:
                    Code:
                    STRPCCMD PCCMD('START mailto:jabber@lietome.com?cc=pizza@code400.com?subject=Hello%20Big%20Test') 
                    PAUSE(*NO)
                    %20 is hex value for a space.
                    Is there a way to have a print screen of the green screen to be part of the bofy of the email too.

Comment

You just keep asking for more..

I think so you could use some tool to do screen shot like my favorite
                      MWsnap then place file on IFS and some how insert into email!
                      now thats the hard part..the insertion..

jamie
                      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
                      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I wrote a program that when the user pressed the prtscn key that it would copy the print screen spool file to the IFS and then I would use the SNDDST command to send it as an attachment, but the users are being difficult and want the screen shot to show up in the body of the email. I like the way the STRPCCMD works, if I can figure out a way to get a screen shot in the body of the email.

Comment

You could do something like this...

just a bit more complex code provided need to get some tools
                          from scott...

jamie
                          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
                          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Thanks...I will take a look...

Comment

There are a couple of ways to do it if you are running IBM Client Access as your emulator.

1. The green screen program must execute STRPCO. I do this in my initial program for the user profile. Then use the STRPCCMD to execute any command on the PC. For example I have a PDM shortcut to start the GUI Code editor.

STRPCCDM PCCMD('C:\WDSC\CODEEDIT.EXE <TCI>&L/&F(&N)') PAUSE (*NO)

Unfortunately the command string is limited to 120 something bytes. You may have to put a .bat file on the PC if you have along path name.

2. From Client Access do a Edit, Preferences, Hotspots. Check the box for Execute URL. Optionally check the 3D buttons under it.

Place mailto://somebody@somewhere.com on the green screen.
                              when the user clicks on it, it will open a send new email window in the default email client. If you put http://code400.com/forum it will open the default browser to this forum. Any URL will work. file://c:\hello.txt will open notepad. Caution, the file must exist.
                              Denny

If authority was mass, stupidity would be gravity.

Comment

Thanks Denny!

Comment

Working...
                                X