VB code using dataqs- prob w/ too many jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB code using dataqs- prob w/ too many jobs

I'm using VB.Net 2002 and dataq communications to AS/400 via IBM Access. Works great except its generating too many entries in QHST as a result of Dataq Server jobs not being persistant.

I'm no expert when it comes to iSeries or AS/400 admin & job definitions but I know the Server jobs are prestart jobs in sbs QUSRWRK. And I've looked at the prestart job parameters which look to be all using the orig default values.

From the limited info I've read it seems the pre-start Server jobs are designed to perform a task then drop out and another job takes its place. What I want to achieve is for the server job to stay active and continue to process all dataq requests from my PC program thereby reducing the continual end and restart of new jobs as well as flooding of QHST log with related info.

Is it a matter of changing the nature of the Server jobs from pre-start jobs to standard job execution? I could use some pointers on how to do that if so.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this.

Re: VB code using dataqs- prob w/ too many jobs

Just a few thoughts on this:

* How many prestart jobs are defined and how many concurrent connections do you have? It might be that you need to increase the amount of prestart jobs.
    * Have you checked the joblog of the dq server job to ensure it's not ending abnormally? It might account for the number of QHST entries.
    * Does your VB program run continually throughout the day or does it start/stop? If it runs continually you might want to review your code and not close the connection after every transaction.
    Jonas Temple
    Got FROG?
    Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

Working...
    X