DB2 managed driver performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB2 managed driver performance

Hello guys, i am using this string to connect to our iseries database from a asp.net c# application:

connectionString="DataSource=192.9.200.1; UserID=xxx; Password=xxx; ConnectionTimeout=35; DefaultCollection=LIBBF; LibraryList=LIBBF, LIBBFINV, PRODUCTEST;"

When the app runs the first time in a day and does an open() to the connection, it takes about 2 minutes to connect. After that, it doesn't matter if i wait some hours or even stop the webserver, it loads quickly.

Is there some tweaking i can do to the connection to make it connect quicker the first time ?

Re: DB2 managed driver performance

Not sure but maybe using another driver...
    Philippe

Comment

I don't know of another driver besides IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.dll

Comment

Two things come to mind:

1. Overall system performance. Has the machine been properly tuned and does it have enough memory/disk/processor capability to handle the task?
        2. Check the number of QZDASOINIT jobs that are auto-started on the system. If there is not an open job the system will launch a new one and this can cause a little lag (not 2 minutes....go back to #1).
        Jonas Temple
        Got FROG?
        Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

sometimes i don't run the web .net app until the afternoon and it still lags about 2 minutes when running it for the first time, so i am fairly sure that the qzdasonit jobs from other tasks are already there. This won't be easy to fix. Maybe i will do an automated task to visit the web app first thing in the morning once this rolls to production.

Comment

Working...
          X