Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php login and databse query

Hey guys and girls,

I have a question. I'm all new to php and am looking for a code so I can make the following happen:

There is a website already present and what they want is to incorporate a login screen so that teachers can login and log the students grades in a database.

There is already a database for this and they want to put this on the web so the teachers can have access to the webpage and fill in the grades themselves. (it's all done by 1 person now)

Who can help me to do a start on this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: php login and databse query

Download:
    PHP i5 SummerSchool Handouts (PDF)

RPG commands and functions show with their PHP equivalents .... A great resource would be directly from the horses mouth... http://php.net/

Don't just download them, read them too!

To everyone building PHP AS/400 login screens, read:
    How to Secure the Web Query Login Page (or Any Other Web-Based Application)

Comment

So you want to know who to start a PHP login screen ?

Google: ( copy/paste this following into Google, including the quotes )

"<title>i5 PHP Toolkit</title>"

It's a website with a Word.doc

If you can't open .doc, click on the Google html converted .doc.

I would choose to click on the html converted .doc and copy/paste the PHP code to the editor.

Login.php
      Loginaction.php
      Loginagain.php

Note: Change the passwords and DB to your the ones you use.

Happy PHP coding.
      Last edited by Marc_d; March 11, 2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

First off,... Sorry for reviving such an old thread... but, this is the info I think I need to understand about logging in from a PHP web form. I've finally convinced my shop that the AS400 can be just as modern as any web 2.0 solution available and now I just have to prove it. So the only thing I'm trying to understand is if I can use the current AS400 login credentials to gain access to the database or if I really have to use another list.

Oh yeah. The reference resources posted in this thread seem to be broken.

Comment

Yes you can use the current AS400 login credentials. I have done this myself from a Java web app using the jt400.jar and as a company we have done it using CGIDEV2 and a system API. I'm sure between the two the same thing could be done with PHP. If there is no PHP script for it then you can still at least write an RPG program and call that from your script.
          Ben

Comment

Working...
          X