PHP prerequisites for V5R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP prerequisites for V5R4

We would like to do Zend PHP on V5R4. We have been searching unsuccessfully for a couple of months for the Portable Utilities license program install CDs for this system. This system does have Legacy support with IBM, but even they are unsuccessful locating the CDs, and since it is no longer supported the download is not available. This system is not upgradeable. We have checked with other systems on V5R4, and apparently if you did not order the CD specifically before that operating system was discontinued, you did not receive it. Has anyone run into this issue? Any ideas on locating these CDs?

Re: PHP prerequisites for V5R4

Since when is V5R4 discontinued? I am pretty sure you still have until April...or am I getting confused again.
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

When you call IBM software support with help with this license program, they now call it legacy support. They will not provide downloads for legacy support. We've had 3 different people call in and the Portable Utilities license program for V5R4 can not be provided.

Comment

What's the LicPgm ID for that?
        "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Check for the Zend products prerequisite i5/OS V5R4 License programs
          From an i5/OS command line:

Run the command GO LICPGM
          Select option 10. Display installed licensed programs
          F11 twice to display the product options.
          Check the list of installed license programs and make sure the i5/OS license programs listed are installed:
          LP
          Option Description
          5761SS1 30 Qshell
          5761SS1 33 Portable App Solutions Environment
          5761SS1 13 System Openness Includes

5722DG1 *BASE IBM HTTP Server for i5/OS
          5733SC1 *BASE IBM Portable Utilities for i5/OS
          5733SC1 1 OpenSSH, OpenSSL, zlib

Comment

Had the same issue. Seems to be very common. We ended up finding our CD, but if you don't find it you can download the 5733C1 files here:

Your friends list is empty!

Comment

Thanks so much!! That is what we needed.

How are you handling the NOBODY profile? We have had some discussion in our shop about NOBODY can get into everything, and NOBODY doesn't have a password. Do you program every PHP to iseries with a security log in prompt? AND do you check to see if they entered both a user name and profile?

Comment

We have a login script that we use for verification of UserID and Password. Currently, since the system we use has no outside access (firewall controlled) we allow for a session cookie to maintain that connection until they kill the session or need to sign back on again.

Comment

That's interesting. We're just getting into the PHP and are using it to tie into a payment method. Our main application is CGIDEV2. We have a PHP page that post a payment to a vendors URL and then confirmation is sent back to another PHP page of ours. We can't have any login here, but we could do something with cookies.

Comment

Now we've got it installed (V5R3M5) and there is no SQL installed. Does anyone know if I can still buy that? I'm being told that MySQL is not provided for this release.

Comment

When you install PHP there should be an option to install MySQL.

If you go zendcore/zcmenu
                      option 6

If MySQL isn't installed it should give you the option to install it.

I've had a heck of a time installing MySQL and getting it running. I've installed / uninstalled several times with no luck. I think I have some PASE or QSH commands missing or my path just isn't set up correctly.

Comment

Working...
                      X