PHP and Email Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP and Email Configuration

My company has gone from an internal email server to letting Google host our email. I have changed our SMTP configuration to use IP 10.1.1.14 to allow forwarding. This seems to work with several RPG programs that send emails. These programs send emails without any problem.

The one PHP application that we have that sends email will not work. I have changed the PHP configuration to try 10.1.1.14 and also smtp.gmail.com (Google's SMTP server) restarting the PHP server after each change. So far, nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get PHP email to work when you no longer have an internal email server to route through?

Re: PHP and Email Configuration

I finally got it configured correctly and working.

Previously, the SMTP parameter in PHP had the IP address of my internal email server. Since I no longer have an internal email server, I had changed the iSeries SMTP configuration to 10.1.1.14 to allow fowarding. I changed the PHP SMTP parameter to "localhost". As soon as I did that and restarted Zend, the email floodgates opened. All the email I had been trying to send all day long from my PHP application came flooding through.

I guess changing it to "localhost" allowed the iSeries to handle sending it and the iSeries SMTP was configured to forward it (10.1.1.14).

Comment

Re: PHP and Email Configuration

Thanks for letting us know... Glad you took care of the problem.
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
      X