Login to access application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Login to access application

... or if your menus are already existing...
    just validate the option chosen against the table (as created in Jamie's post) to check if the user has authority.
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Thank u so much jamie and kit for the suggestions.
      So is it to be done this way:
      I have a table of all Users who can login into system along with some user id
      I have a cl program that displays a menu and further calls rpg programs based on option selected.

So now my objective is that once the user has logged in(rpg 400 program),it should display the logged in users name at top of menu screen and for all the subsequent screens that are called.

So will referring to that Users table and checking for userid work.Also i am dynamically adding users into system how would i know which user id should d called programs access.Please guide.

Comment

is this class work?
        change the user profile so everyone goes thru you "security" program.
        PHP Code:
        CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(MyUSERIDINLPGM(MYLIB/MTPROGRAM
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I worked at a shop once that used the directory entries as a security measure. Every user they created would be added to the directory by the operator, and in turn, the directory was Displayed to a physical file every evening.
          One of the fields in the directory is a text field that could be read from the physical file and whatever letter codes were there would tell the menu system what they could and couldn't do.
          At the time it was pretty nifty... glitchy from time to time, but it was a way around IBM security (and writing a real security system).

As far as dynamically displaying user id? if you have to ... you could pull it in the CL with RTVJOBA.

And as much as it makes me want to burn out my eyeballs after suggesting it... you could pass it as a parm to your RPGIII program to display... (a little part of me just died there) That might be good practice at passing parameters to a program.

Comment

@ Mr. Robb -- sounds interesting ?!?!!?

you can add user field to the display
            just type

*USERID in the old green screen seu and KAPOW it automagically fills
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Code:
              d                sds
              duser                   254    263
              Works for displaying user id also... and is a much better solution than the RTVJOBA

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
                @ Mr. Robb -- sounds interesting ?!?!!?

you can add user field to the display
                just type

*USERID in the old green screen seu and KAPOW it automagically fills
                It was horrible... lol.

and where's the fun in *userid? going around your !@#@$#% to get to your elbow is always better ...

Comment

Working...
                X