Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usage of program object

Hi,

If I need to know that particular program object is being used by this particular job name in the system then how can we know that ?

I tried WRKJOBSCDE but it only shows job name and like this CALL PGM (somelib name/some program name ) like this , but it does not show the specific program object names used inside the job names so that object level detail how can we know for the entire IBM i system (for all the source files and all the libraries) in the system whereever that particular program object is being used either in scheduled job or being used inside some program in the entire IBM i system to which we are logged in to?

Thanks...

WRKJOBSCDE OUTPUT(*PRINT) PRTFMT(*FULL) then scan the report for the program name.

You can use my modified Source Search script to scan all RPG Source.
    I just added a CL String search with multiple Source libraries

https://code400.com/forum/forum/iser...string-utility

My script searches source code. It doesn't consider if the source has been compiled to an object, or if objects are in use.
    Last edited by MFisher; February 10, 2022, 10:09 AM.

Comment

That's fine but WRKJOBSCDE output only shows the job and program names,it does not tell about object level details because it might also be the possibility that the program which i want to search could be inside the subprograms which is being called in the main job so from that perspective how can we get that object level details ( specially for the specific program object names which we want to search in the entire IBM i system in which we are logged into ) to be sure this particular object is being used inside this program name or inside a job name or is inside some menu option or is invoked once we select a particular menu option in the system.

Thanks..

Comment

If your menu system is built with files, containing program names, you can SELECT FROM MENU_FILE WHERE MenuProgram = 'MyProgram".
        That's what I do in our system which has 3rd party ERP software.

Someone else suggested DSPPGMREF to an OUTFILE, then you can query that for specific referenced program names.

Combine the various suggestions. I am not aware of 1 complete solution without buying a product for this purpose.
        Last edited by MFisher; February 10, 2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

You can also put DSPOBJD to an OUTFILE and look to see when/if objects have been used, from which libraries.

Comment

Working...
          X